Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Meals with Mark: Ramen Rave

Presenting another food flashback from my trip to Tokyo.

Since Diver City is just a stone's throw away from TIEC, it became our default eating place of sorts. Among the plethora of restaurants there, two places that Mark suggested were the takoyaki place called Gindaro and a ramen place whose name I can't remember. 

So, one lunch time, we - along with Patty - ate at the ramen place and tried their specialty.


I do not exaggerate when I say that this is the best tasting ramen I've tasted so far. It's perfection in a bowl!

The soup was very thick and flavorful. It's as if the broth bursts in your mouth and fills it with a cacophony of flavors. The noodles are nice and firm, and they're quite thin, so they're not overwhelming unlike the thick udon noodles. 

There were a lot of add ons on top, including spring onions, red ginger, and some other Japanese ingredients that I don't remember. 

Overall, this bowl was just divine! It would've nice to have this ramen everyday, and frankly, I could've. But there were other culinary treats awaiting, so I only had this once during my trip.

Finally, here's the cutest touch on the dish.


It had a nori rap with "Thank You" in different languages. They say it's good taste to have manners, and this wrap is the embodiment of that.

Yes, I've spent an entry raving about a bowl of noodles. 

If you tried this paradise-in-a-bowl, you'd be raving, too.

No comments: